Thursday, September 23, 2010

First ever Blog

Well....sort of.  Once upon a time I used a site called Xanga and an even shorter time ago, I used Myspace to write my thoughts about how I was a tortured soul. Now, I've graduated from college and I'm back in my hometown: home less than 2,500 people. Yep, that's the whole county. And I bet you thought YOU were from a small town.

Anyway, this blog is more of a way to escape my boredom of the small town life. My goal is to be constructive this year. To think of things to do and then actually do them. And you are my accountability. So when I stop posting for a while, you are in charge of bombarding me with emails until I post another blog.

A word of caution as far as my grammar is concerned. I was dubbed an official "grammar nazi" in 2009, but I am probably writing off the cuff (where did that phrase come from again?) most of the time and I will probably have a run on sentence or two (like right now) and most definitely will not put commas and semicolons where they are supposed to be. However, I will do my best not to put my English professors to shame that often.

Ok, final words on the intentions of this blog. It's purpose is to alleviate boredom by keeping me accountable for opening up my creative talents--whether its through projects, photos, music, or writing--maybe even all four (or just two or three or none at all).

Thank you for listening Cyberspace. I'm done talking now.

No comments:

Post a Comment